Traditional Dual-Degree Programs
Dual MD/MBA Degree
The dual MD/MBA degree is a new, five-year collaborative degree from the Eller College of Management and the UA College of Medicine. Learn more by following a link below, or scroll down for all information:
- Why earn dual MD/MBA degrees?
- Why Eller?
- MD/MBA Program Overview
- MD/MBA Admissions
- Dual MD/MBA Curricular Structure
- More Information
- Recognize and leverage business opportunities in your medical practice
- Apply insights into team management, finance and accounting, organizational development, and innovation to your workplace
- Identify new opportunities and influence change in the healthcare industry
- Select and arrange classes to meet your interests
- Close-knit community
- Action learning opportunities domestically and abroad
- Emphasis on soft skills development
- One-on-one executive coaching and career mentoring
The MD/MBA dual-degree program is sequential and concurrent. College of Medicine students may apply to the Eller College of Management during their first or second year of study.
|Years 1 and 2||College of Medicine curriculum (years 1 and 2)|
|Year 3||MBA core curriculum courses focusing on finance, marketing, leadership development, and more|
|Year 4||College of Medicine curriculum (year 3)|
|Year 5||Complete College of Medicine curriculum (year 4) while finishing MBA elective coursework*|
* The availability of MBA elective offerings will depend on fit with the MD curriculum, recognizing the resident interview travel requirements, during this final year of the program.
College of Medicine students in good academic standing and recommended for admittance to the Eller College of Management may apply for the Eller MBA program through a streamlined process.
MBA Admission Requirements for College of Medicine Students
- Application and application fee ($100)
- Essay discussing interest in pursuing MBA
- Two sets of official transcripts
- GMAT scores
- In-person interview by invitation
Supplemental Application Materials*
- Copies of letters of recommendation
- Copy of Personal Statement
* The College of Medicine will provide from its application materials
For further information, please contact:
College of Medicine
Tanisha N. Johnson, Director of Admissions
Sylvia Muñoz, Operations Manager, MBA Admissions
For more information, please contact us or request more information through our online inquiry system.